Monday, January 13, 2014

30 Day Game of Thrones Challenge...Who do you ship?

For those of you who do not speak fangirl the urban dictionary defines ship:

V: To endorse a romantic relationship.

Now I like to argue that you cannot ship characters that are already in a relationship, but the fangirls in my life tend to get a little irate over that distinction. I am also not one to be a big fan of all the bigger fan ship's of Game of Thrones. I most assuredly do not ship Sansa and Sandor Clegane. That is just idiotic. I am also not a big fan of the Gendry/Arya ship cause I think Arya's story arc is one of the best things going in this universe.



I think when it all gets boiled down I ship Jamie Lannister and Brienne of Tarth. I really think those two characters understand each other and care for one another. However, I don't like to admit that cause it has been a long standing fan boy/fan girl argument between me and someone about shipping people that are in a relationship and  I completely think by book six Jamie and Brienne will be an item.

I think of all the people in Game of Thrones they are the two that have the most in common. They really are an ideal couple. And let's be real honest Jamie has not been with anyone but his twin sister so that makes almost anyone else an improvement. With that being said I really think that Briene would be good for him, and him for her.

Beyond all that I would really like Tyrion Lannister to find someone. I do not mean Shae, and it is such an injustice what people who only saw the TV show think about her compared to what she actually does in the books. I do not mean the little dwarf girl either cause Tyrion needs someone that can keep up with his intellect, and someone who can challenge him. That is why I don't think he and Sansa are a great pairing. I am not sure I could think of one female in Westeros that could handle him.

The next step after shipping is OTP which stand for one true pairing and every good fanboy or fangirl has one for every fandom. I wish I could say I have one for Game of Thrones but I don't think I do. I would say Dany and Jon Snow, but it seems pretty clear they are brother and sister and even though that is what the Targaryens do. It seems wrong to ship incest in anyway, even if it is theoretical incest.

Related Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment