Monday, August 5, 2013

Deep Thoughts with Joshua...

Sometimes the hardest thing to do is write...Some days I wake up and my mind is totally blank and some days it is filled with so many competing thoughts getting something on the page is next to impossible. Writing for therapy and for a living is something of a double edged sword..I am more willing to share intimate things about my life with complete strangers than most people but at the end of the day I have to make money doing this. It is how I care for my family.

What that means is I am constantly looking for motivation to write. I write anywhere from 5-10 stories, blog posts, journal entries, or posting poems a day. I write about everything from sports to my love life to my family life to just about any other kind of non sense that happens to pop into my head. Some of it is great, some of it is good, but most of it is crap...nature of the beast.

To be a success at this all I have to do is sit at my computer and bleed each and every day. Most of what comes out is dribble but every once and again something great escapes my fingertips. As a writer I am constantly chasing those moments...like a addict chases the next high...Writing is an addiction for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment